Friday 16 October 2020

 bougie mom decor

a crate, some storage baskets

re-design my space


My daughter said I was entering the realm of bougie mom yesterday, after I went across town to pick up a used crate to store my living room blankets.  I've redone all the floors on the main level, and with that came some re-design of furniture and room space, some downsizing, and a new look in some of the rooms.  Bob's room, the room we technically share but seldom do - is more spacious now with my dresser gone.  It allows for his medical stuff to be stored and neat, and some room for the PSWs to move as they get him ready.

My room - the technical spare room but the one I spend more time in, got flipped.  Used to be a room where the bed was the main focus and now it's set up like a bright reading area that happens to have a bed.  Well lit with a rocking chair and reading blanket.  

The office - used to be mine but now Bob's - is just a desk, a rocking chair, and a plant stand.  Clean, quiet, utility-focused.  The living and dining area were redone - couch moved, dining table had the extenders removed for a round look, the baker's rack that used to be a dust collector and book shelf in the office moved back to the dining area for a wine rack and storage - baskets, bins, and the odd decor item on it.  

All doors have organizers.  Most closets do.  It's cleaner.  Homier.  Warmer.  Functional.

And speaking of functional - yesterday I worked all day, did errands (the crate, groceries, post office), filled out my DNA test and mailed it, made a good dinner, made a peanut butter pie, did a zoom call with my niece, and still managed to be in bed before ten.  A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment