Friday 26 February 2021

the sun, bright and young
bursts through branches with such force
shadows on my lawn


Two weeks.

As someone looking back on *almost* 50 years of living, there is something that continues to amaze me - the human capacity to continue believing something stupid no matter what facts or arguments they are faced with.  And their seamingly endless capacity to argue the truth, over and over and over again, to continue the luxury of not changing what they think.

Obviously, anyone that knows me knows I am talking about religion broadly.  But this truth, this light of forceful sunshine, can be found everywhere.  I found it last evening, in a conversation.

I had a very meaningful conversation yesterday with a group of ladies I like and admire.  The conversation felt good, felt cathartic, even though I was largely a spectator of it.  However, this morning I woke and in those moments between waking and being awake, I realized that I had kind of accepted something as my issue that is not my issue.

The conversation was around trust.  And how trust had broken down and how we need to fix it.  Yes.  But there was something around us needing to trust and explore it, and not much around the person who had broken our trust or our right not to trust someone.   That questioning whether or not someone was truly at capacity was about us not trusting, and not about them not demonstrating what they're doing.  Even when we ask.

I'm.. exhausted.  Perhaps there was some truth in what we discussed - it's not my problem.  I can just trust and hpoe for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment