Thursday 9 April 2020

how was it sunny
not even two days ago
i want the sun back!


I made myself a bagel this morning.  And as I was finishing up, adding the peanut butter to its crispy-breadiness, I noticed that the peanut butter was almost out.  Not out enough to throw away, at least for a wife, but potentially out enough that when the PSW makes Bob his shake in two hours I will hear "Chris!" from the kitchen.  They'll be looking at it and unwilling to scoop around the sides and use up the end of the peanut butter, and be calling me to ask if there's any more.  They won't be opening up the pantry to check - even though both Bob and his PSW know where the peanut butter is kept.  They won't open it and stir it - we do peanuts only peanut butter - they'll call my name and ask me to find it.  And then I'll have to open it and stir it, knowing that if I do not they will only tear off some of the seal and then use the thick portion at the top without stirring, which means the rest of the jar will be an oily mess.

I had a moment of "maybe I should just open the new one, stir it, and add the old peanut butter to it" but then another moment of "why the hell should I have to?"  

And now I'm in my office, finishing my coffee, listening to the dogs snore and seeing a frenzy of flurries through the window.  Sometimes I just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment