Sunday 24 November 2019

the day shifts, slightly
and boring becomes busy
and i, stop to watch


I'm a big fan of conversation.  The ebbs and flows of storytelling and understanding, often shared over a meal or at an event.  The bustle of things around you - the questions and answers not always lining up in a chronological order as folks on either side of the table or conversation enter into and leave the conversation.  Friday night was like that - glasses of wine and french food, lobbying questions and answers across a blue plaid table cloth, laughter and interruption and correction.

And then yesterday's conversation - spoken slowly to account for language barriers and children running around.  Sipping coffee in the afternoon, smiling at the achievements, and making plans for further steps.

I have two people on my facebook - well, one I unfriended and one I unfollowed - who are borderline famous.   The unfriended one is someone I find oppressively shameless and shallow, but who some of my friends find insightful and adventurous.  The one I unfollowed is someone I previously worked with - who is starting to believe her own hype and who traded her authenticity for get rich quick schemes and hashtag mentions by other famous-for-no-purpose people.

I know, I'm harsh.  But sometimes you just want to scream "are you even buying what you're selling?"

No comments:

Post a Comment