Wednesday 12 February 2020

cold, winter cat tails
a reminder that change comes
always with a price



These days, our lives are full of doctor's appointments and stretching.  The stretching, both literal and figurative.

We were at a counselling appointment last night, and we were talking about "possibility thinking".  Mostly for Bob, but there's absolutely things I can use.  The idea that you might say, "i'm not good at cooking" or something and you can rearrange that with a Yet, or until now.

So what are my pervasive negative thoughts? 

I have always been overweight.  Up until now?

I can't stop swearing - up until now?

So these are my two possibility thoughts.  My motivators.  I will say, "until now, I've always been overweight" and "until now, i had a problem with potty mouth".. the theory being that if you reframe and keep thinking that way, that "the body acts" - either through actions you initate or it does.

We'll start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment