Thursday 3 May 2018

i left church, crying,
saddened for others, not me,
not sure where to go

Sunday sucked, and it still bothers me.  My usually nice and accepting church morphed into a fire-and-brimstone-pretty-much-pentecostal shitshow with one poorly chosen guest speaker.  Bob would say that's harsh, but he didn't grow up like I did.  I have no patience for someone standing up, yelling, and telling me what's sin and what I should believe and how if I don't have the same passion for legalism that they have then I'm clearly not a Christian.

Because frankly, I'm okay with that.

If Christianity is being a righteous know-it-all and turning the message of grace into a stick to be beaten with, I'm probably not a Christian.  That, and I also say "fuck" a lot, although I'm trying not to.  It'd be easier, though, if I had less stress or didn't have sin shoved down my throat in some crazy display of Christ's love.

Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment