Sunday 25 March 2018

remembering pews
and stained glass windows, awesome,
church has changed since then.

I don't fit in at church.  I have friends there.  I like it.  But I really don't fit in.  This week, the bulletin was advertising a women's conference called, 'kick the boring out of your life".  I panicked, thinking that the boring parts are the parts I like and I didn't didn't want to get rid of those.  I'm not really a "hang out with women and talk about how our lives are boring/hard/whatever" chick and I'm especially not a girl who wants to go to a conference to hear some kitshy talk about womanhood from some woman who does a kitchy podcast with her daughter - both skinny, both talking about making time for yourself and God and getting blessed.  Yikes.

My life is a constant struggle.  I adore my husband but have a lot of stress taking care of him.  I love my job but find it stressful.  My kids are adults but one is mentally ill and addicted to drugs and tells people we abused him.  I love God but find the views of most christians repugnant. 

Kick the boring out?

No thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment