Tuesday 18 August 2020

 protection focus

cannot speak the truth in love

it may hurt someone



So last night my brother in law posted something about covid - and how the church should be there to help people with their fear.  The post was a share from one of his pastor-friends, theologically incorrect, and pissed me off with the church-positive crap when we know it's an exclusionary, evil organization.

So I said something.  Not meanly, but thoughtfully, explaining why the theology was a bit off and reminding his brother that the hate the church spews is actually scarier than covid.  Bob's mom made a comment about Jesus commanding us to build his church on the rock - which to me means solid theology and understanding and to her means the first pope, Peter, which I think is beyond ludicrous.  I was not rude, btw, but really don't have any time for an organization that is essentially either a get rich quick scheme or haven for people who are incapable of working in the real world and who profit from hurting and excluding others.

I got a fun little lecture about not commenting on his family's walls and how they might take it personally.  But you know, I hate the organization and it's okay for his family to post stuff about something that has hurt me and friends, because I shouldn't take that personally.

So I essentially said that he's exactly why I hate people that attend church.  So worried about a fucking building and not at all about the people it has hurt, because their god is so big he can't be criticized.  Wipe out indigenous culture, enslave blacks, deny gay people rights, fight against women's reproductive rights.. but heaven forbid bob's wife say anything against it.

*eye roll*

No comments:

Post a Comment