Sunday 7 June 2020

i am exhausted
and cling to sleep's last moments
experience loss


It's been a rough couple of weeks.  Emotionally, physically, maybe even spiritually.  It's covid, it's racism, it's loneliness, and then my freaking well pump goes and we have no water for three days.  It's finally back on, the water, but the pressure is low in the bathroom and I have to keep hearing about it.  I don't particularly like it either, but sometimes you just have to deal with something instead of complaining.

I'm not sleeping well.  Bob is snoring, and not snoring like deep sleep but snoring like a mack truck is bursting through our room.  I wake, to empty his urinal or do some other manual task, and then lay there for what seems like hours - riding wave after wave of his snoring so that I can fall asleep.  And then I wake up and do everything again - trying not to be resentful or too tired or too critical.. 

I need a break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment