Monday 4 May 2020

exhausting, mornings
the winter sky taunting me
with spring promises


I'm sitting at my new desk in my new corner looking out over the back yard, watching my dog poop, and half listening to Bob and his PSW discuss Jedi as a religion. 

Take a moment.  Take that all in.

It's barely 7 a.m.  and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to go back to bed, or up and dressed and out for a walk with Jake.  Or if I'll sit here doing neither for an hour and then regret not making an opportunity. 

I'm feeling a bit bereft today - a little unmoored.  I don't mind the social distancing and the working from home, but I'm ready to travel again.  I'm disappointed that I had to cancel my vacation and as I look at options for the summer in Canada - nothing is exciting me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment