Friday 20 December 2019

cast iron cookware
goes from stove top to oven
never escapes heat


I'm so glad today is over.  I'm bone-weary, dead-dog tired, emotionally exhausted - and waiting to exhale with only 4 days and two working days until christmas.  Christmas, the elusive holiday hovering in the wings like a flirtatious boy you're considering breaking up with a serious boyfriend for.  The prospect and allure of something new and mysterious with absolutely no promise and more of the same on the other side.

And yet we wait.

For me, it is two weeks' rest.  Theatre, and some travel, and some reading by the fire as my spirit relaxes and my brain breathes in new air.  Heals.  Rejuvenates.  Readies itself for spring.

This advent, I've given some thought to waiting.  Waiting for Christmas, waiting for rest, waiting for peace.  Waiting for what, I wonder, as I consider my husband's diagnosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment