Wednesday 11 December 2019

a winter morning
the sun rises ever slow
like walking a dirge


Yesterday, Bob had a panic attack at work.  Related to MS, or maybe an infection, but still - oxygen, 911, home, doctor.  This morning, I'm sitting in my office, reading email, and my chest tightens - thinking about Bob's worsening MS, some decisions I need to make in the workplace, challenging conversations waiting to happen, and Christmas coming in two weeks.

I'm emotionally exhausted. 

When I think about emotional intelligence, I think about evaluating my work situation before speaking.  Evaluating if what I'm facing is feelings or reality.  Evaluating how important it is.  How others might be impacted.  What I can handle.  What's worth mentioning.  What's worth my own mental health.  Friendship.  Trust.  Teamwork.

The tightening in my chest doesn't lighten.  It's a bit endless, if I'm honest.  My work drama, if only in my mind at the moment, is taking a back seat to my real life.  But it's stressing me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment